ASL: Lesson 41:Objectives:
___ I have taken the: Lesson 41 Vocabulary Practice Quiz
___ I have taken the general practice quiz for this lesson. See: PRACTICE QUIZZES
List of signs and sentences:
Level 03 (Lessons 31 - 45) Practice Cards (in MS Word .doc format)
Level 03 Sentence List
CHECK [card, receipt]
PROCEED-[go-ahead-with, get-along, go-on]
Practice sheet 41.B
06. Every-2-WEEK, YOU GET PAY-CHECK YOU?
07. YOUR FAMILY, PERSON COMPLAIN MOST WHO?
08. YOUR HOUSE CORNER QM-wig?
09. BEFORE-[prior-to] REGISTER CLASS, YOU MEET COUNSEL-AGENT?
10. APARTMENT CLEAN-up DEPOSIT, NORMAL HOW-MUCH-[1h]?
Practice sheet 41.C
11. SUPPOSE GO EUROPE, WANT LOOK-AROUND, 1-DAY ENOUGH?
12. FLAT-TIRE, YOU KNOW HOW CHANGE YOU?
13. BICYCLE FREEWAY ALRIGHT?
14. CAKE YOU EAT FROM-TIME-TO-TIME?
15. GAS what-COST?
Practice sheet 41.D
16. HOLLAND HAVE MANY FLOWER QM-wig?
17. CAR, STREET-[road] INTERSECTION, LIGHT-[device], CL:C-[three_lights_on_a_traffic_signal_from_top_to_bottom], what-COLOR? (What are the colors of a street light?)
18. YOUR CAR MOTOR what-SIZE ?
19. YOUR SISTER, YOU-TWO PROCEED-[get-along]?
20. YOU DRIVE TRAFFIC, HOW FEEL?
INTERPRETER: Professional Interpreters for the Deaf generally aspire to obtain national interpreter certification from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf. It usually takes several years of study and practice before you are ready to interpret professionally. If you want to become a certified interpreter you should expect to put in around 900 classroom-seat-time hours (or about 60 semester-credit units), several thousand hours of general signing practice (chatting with Deaf and/or skilled signers), as well as a couple hundred hours of mentored practice interpreting. You will need to pass a written test regarding ethics and professional conventions as well as a performance test.
Check with your instructor or your syllabus regarding any graded quizzes for this lesson.
End of lesson. Please move on to next lesson.
Curriculum revision notes and lesson archive:
In a never ending effort to improve, this website is under constant construction. Below may be sentences, signs, or other material that is being phased out of this lesson as well as other material that may be phased into the lesson: