ASL: Lesson 12:Objectives:
___ I am familiar with the concept of Name Signs
___ I understand Modifying time signs
___ I know how to do Numerical Incorporation
___ Lesson 12 Practice Quiz
___ Practice Quizzes
EQUAL / fair / level
Variations and inflections to know:
next-WEEK: The sign WEEK can be inflected to mean "next week."
all-NIGHT: The sign NIGHT can be inflected to mean "all night"
every-NIGHT: The sign NIGHT can be inflected to mean "every night"
every-MORNING: The sign MORNING can be inflected to mean "every morning."
all-MORNING: The sign MORNING can be inflected to mean "all morning."
monthly: The sign MONTH can be inflected to mean "monthly"
next-MONTH: The sign MONTH can be inflected to mean "next month"
rent: Context can cause the sign MONTHLY to mean "rent"
every-AFTERNOON: The sign AFTERNOON can be inflected to mean "every afternoon"
all-day, today] : The sign DAY can be modified to mean "all day"
today: The sign NOW can be compounded with DAY (NOW-DAY) to mean "today"
today [version 2]: The sign NOW can be done with a repeated movement to mean "today."
ANNUAL or "every year" is a version of "YEAR."
Practice Sheet 12.A
01. AFTERNOON WORK YOU? (Do you work in the afternoon?)
02. TODAY YOU FINISH BRUSH-TEETH YOU? (Did you brush your teeth today?)
03. YOU THINK LIFE FAIR ALL PEOPLE? (Do you think life is fair for all people?)
04. EVERYDAY YOU SHOWER? (Do you shower everyday?)
05. EVERY-SATURDAY WHAT-DO YOU?
Practice Sheet 12.B
06. HABIT ANY YOU? [if so] WHAT-huh?
07. ONE DAY EQUAL HOW-MANY HOUR? (How-many hours are in a day?)
08.ONE-HOUR EQUAL HOW-MANY MINUTE? (How-many minutes are in an hour?)
09. ONE MONTH EQUAL HOW-MANY DAY? (How-many days are in a month?)
10. ONE YEAR EQUAL HOW-MANY MONTH? (How-many months are in a year?)
Practice Sheet 12.C
11. YOU LIKE MONDAY? (Do you like Mondays?)
12. MOVIE, GO TUESDAY NIGHT, GOOD, WHY? (Why are Tuesday nights a good time to go to the movies?)
13. SATURDAY NIGHT, I GO PARTY, WANT ACCOMPANY-me? (I'm going to a party Saturday night. Do you want to go with me?)
14. ONE MINUTE HAVE HOW-MANY S-E-C? (How many seconds are in a minute?)
15. ONE WEEK HAVE HOW-MANY DAYS? (How many days are in a week?)
Practice Sheet 12 D.
16. YOU SCHOOL WHICH DAY? (Which days are you in school?)
17. PEOPLE GO CHURCH, WHICH DAY? ("On which day do people go to church.")
18. PAST WEEKEND WHAT-DO YOU? (What did you do last weekend?)
19. YESTERDAY, YOU EAT HOW-MANY TIME? (How-many times did you eat yesterday?)
20. NEXT-WEEK YOU COME SCHOOL? (Are you coming to school next week?)
SUNDAY I GO CHURCH. MONDAY I GO AUNT HOUSE. TUESDAY I GO FOOD STORE. WEDNESDAY, HOUSE I CLEAN-UP. THURSDAY I WASH-CLOTHES. FRIDAY I GO MOVIE. SATURDAY I WATCH TV.
EVERY-MORNING MONDAY THROUGH-[time-period / dash] FRIDAY TIME-8 I GO SCHOOL.
EVERYDAY NOON, FRIEND B-O-B WE-TWO EAT 1/2 HOUR. every-AFTERNOON SCHOOL FINISH I PLAY FRIEND. Every-NIGHT BED TIME-9:30.
Note: The sign for "through" depends on your meaning but for the above story you can use the "dash" version that draws a line in the air with the index finger. See: https://youtu.be/pFHgV1sIaiA
TOMORROW can be reduplicated to mean "daily or everyday."
YEAR has both a more formal version and a more casual, relaxed version.
For a practice quiz, visit: Lesson 12 Practice Quiz
Check with your instructor or your syllabus regarding any graded quizzes for this lesson.