Discussion topic: Manually Coded English
___ Discussion topic: "Classifier
___ Discussion topic:
"Classifier 3" (CL:3)
I am able to recognize and
sign the practice sentences and story for this lesson
I have taken the
Vocabulary Practice Quiz
___ I have taken the general
practice quiz for this lesson. See:
("Classifier 3 handshape")
LEAVE-[depart] LEAVE-[leave-behind, abandon]
SEARCH-[look for, examine]
01. BICYCLE, HAVE YOU? (Do you have a bike?)
02. BOAT, BEFORE YOU? (Have you been on a boat before?)
03. YOU WANT BUILD your-SELF HOUSE? (Do you want to build your own
04. CAR CL:3/CL:3-"crash"
YOU HOW-MANY? (How many times have you
been in a car wreck?)
05. YOUR KEYS, YOU LOSE BEFORE?
Practice sheet 18.B
06. YOU THINK FIND NEW ADDRESS EASY? (Do you think finding new addresses
07. AIRPLANE BEFORE YOU? (Have you ever been on an airplane before?)
08. YOU ENJOY what-DO? (What do you enjoy doing?)
09. HORSE, YOU RIDE-ON BEFORE? (Have you ever ridden a horse before?)
10. WISH HAVE your-SELF HELICOPTER YOU? (Do you wish you had your own
Practice sheet 18.C
HAVE YOU? (Do you have a motorcycle?)
12. YOU PRACTICE SIGN, WHY? (Why do you practice signing?)
13. YOU LEAVE-[go-away] THIS CLASS, what-TIME? (What time will you leave this class?)
14. how you SIGN "R-O-C-K-E-T"? (How do you sign "rocket?")
15. YOU SEARCH WORK YOU? (Are you looking for work?)
Practice sheet 18.D
16. YOUR CITY HAVE SUBWAY? (Is there a subway in your city?)
17. last-YEAR TICKET HOW-MANY YOU? (How many tickets did you get
18. TRAIN TRAVEL, YOU LIKE? (Do you like to travel by train?)
19. YOUR ASL BOOK, YOU LOSE BEFORE YOU? (Have you ever lost your ASL
20. YOU PREFER CAR [bodyshift-"or"] TRUCK? (Do you prefer cars or trucks?)
I ENJOY TRAVEL. I LIKE RIDE-in AIRPLANE, BOAT, SUBWAY, TRAIN.
I THINK FLYING FUN. SOMEDAY I WANT HELICOPTER OR ROCKET.
I HAVE MY-OWN BIKE AND MOTORCYCLE. I NEED PRACTICE RIDE-on
not-WANT CRASH. MY TRUCK KEY, I LOST, NEED SEARCH FIND.
I THINK I LEAVE-MY KEYS THIS BUILDING GARAGE [OR] ELEVATOR.
Sentences in the practice story:
01. I ENJOY TRAVEL
02. I LIKE RIDE-in AIRPLANE, BOAT, SUBWAY, TRAIN
03. I THINK FLY FUN.
04. SOMEDAY I WANT HELICOPTER OR ROCKET
05. HAVE my-SELF-[my-own] BIKE AND MOTORCYCLE
06. I NEED PRACTICE RIDE-on not-WANT CRASH
07. MY TRUCK KEY, I LOST. NEED SEARCH FIND
08. I THINK I LEAVE MY KEYS THIS BUILDING GARAGE OR ELEVATOR
Sample English interpretation:
I enjoy traveling. I like to ride in airplanes, boats, on the
subway, or in trains. I think flying is fun. Someday I want to try
flying in a helicopter or rocket. I have my own bicycle and
motorcycle. I need to practice riding them because I don't want to
crash. I lost my truck keys and need to look for and find them. I
think I left them in the garage or elevator of this building.
► Manually Coded English
► "Classifier A" (CL:A)
Additional practice sentences:
01. YOU PRACTICE SIGN, WHERE?
02. TOMORROW YOU DOCTOR APPOINTMENT?
03. YOU RECENT EAT CEREAL?
04. YOU PREFER SOUP [bodyshift-"or"] SALAD?
05. YOU LOSE YOUR HEARING-AID HOW-MANY TIME?
06. YOU TRAIN TRAVEL BEFORE YOU?
07. YOUR NEXT CLASS WHERE?
08. YOU GRADUATE WHEN?
09. YOU FIND YOUR ASL BOOK?
10. YOU SEARCH-[looking_for] DEAF CENTER YOU?
For a practice quiz,
visit: Lesson 18
Check with your instructor or your syllabus regarding any graded
quizzes for this lesson.