ASL: Lesson 5:Lesson Objectives:
___ I understand the concept of "eye gaze"
___ I understand the concept of "Noun-Verb Pairs"
___ I can recognize and sign numbers 31-99
___ I understand the concept of "Agreement Verbs" (Directional Signs)
___ I am able to recognize and sign the practice sentences and story for this lesson
___ I have taken the general practice quiz for this lesson. See: PRACTICE QUIZZES
CAR ( also see DRIVE)
IN (also see OUT)
PUT (also see MOVE)
REVIEW: ADDRESS | BIKE | BUS | CAN | CAR | COMPUTER | DOCTOR | DRIVE | DRIVE-to | DRIVE-back-here | | EMAIL | FAVORITE | FEEL | FRIEND | FROM | GIVE-you | GO | HAVE | HE | HERE | HOME | HOW | INTERNET | LIKE | MOM | MOVIE | NEED | PLAY | PREFER | SCHOOL | SIGN | SIT | S-I-T-E | STORE | TRAIN | UNDERSTAND | WALK | WANT | WEB-CAM | WHAT | WHAT-DO | WHERE | WHO | WITH | WRISTWATCH | YOU | YOUR |
Practice sheet: 5.A
01. YOU UNDERSTAND S/HE?
02. YOU COME HERE HOW?
03. MOVIE, YOUR FAVORITE WHAT?
04. YOUR MOM what-DO?
05. WRISTWATCH, WHO GIVE-you?
Practice Sheet 5.B
06. INTERNET S-I-T-E YOUR FAVORITE WHAT?
07. YOU WALK SCHOOL YOU?
08. _____ SIT WHERE? (Spell name of student.)
09. YOU WANT GO WHERE?
10. YOU LIKE SIGN WITH WHO?
Practice Sheet 5.C
11. CAN YOU DRIVE YOU?
12. YOU DRIVE HERE FROM HOME?
13. YOUR COMPUTER HAVE WEB-CAM?
14. YOU NEED GO DOCTOR?
15. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, WHAT?
Practice Sheet 5.D
16. YOUR HOME, WHERE?
17. PLAY, YOU LIKE what-DO?
18. YOU how-FEEL?
19. YOUR FAVORITE STORE, WHAT?
20. SIGN WITH FRIEND, YOU LIKE?
Story 5: VIDEO► (Uses the Flash Plug-in)
MY BROTHER NOT GO SCHOOL. HE (negative-head-shake="not")-FEEL-GOOD. STAY HOME, COMPUTER SIT-(long time) PLAY-(long time), INTERNET, EMAIL HIS FRIEND. HE WANT WATCH MOVIE. PAST-(used to be) MOM DRIVE-TO VIDEO STORE. DRIVE-(back). NOW? DOWNLOAD CAN. I THINK HE SHOULD GO DOCTOR HE-(point to brother).
You could shake your head to negate "GO" to mean "not go." If you add the sign "NOT" it simply emphasizes the fact that he "didn't go." In the sentence "HE (not) FEEL GOOD" you should shake your head negatively and use a somewhat distressed facial expression while signing "FEEL." You can add the sign "NOT" or you can leave it out. Adding the sign NOT simply makes it more obvious that he wasn't feeling good.
For a practice quiz, visit: Lesson 5 practice quiz
Practice Sheet: 5.E
21. COMPUTER, CAN YOU F-I-X? (Can you fix computers?)
22. YOU LIKE DRIVE? (Do you like driving?)
23. YOU DRIVE-TO CHURCH? (Do you drive to church?)
24. YOU LIKE EMAIL? (Do you like using email?)
25. YOU WANT GO HOME YOU? (Do you want to go home?)
Practice Sheet: 5.F
26. YOU WANT GO OUTSIDE YOU? (Do you want to go outside?)
27. C-H-E-S-S YOU LIKE PLAY? (Do you like to play chess?) (spell chess)
28. YOU THINK TEACHER NEED STAND? (Do you think teachers should stand)
29. YOU HAVE MANY DVD INDEX-(point off to side) HOME? (Do you have many DVDs at home?)
30. ALL YOUR FRIEND SIGN? (Do all of your friends sign?)
Practice Sheet: 5.G
31. CAN YOU SPELL HIS/HER NAME? (Can you spell his (or her) name?)"
32. YOU DRIVE SLOW? (Do you drive slowly?)
33. ALL YOUR FRIEND HAVE COMPUTER? (Do all your friends have a computer?)
34. YOUR DAD GIVE-YOU COMPUTER? (Did your dad give you a computer?)
35. YOU HAVE INTERNET INDEX-(point off to the side) HOME? (Do you have Internet access at home?)
Practice Sheet: 5.H
36. YOU LIKE GO MOVIES? (Do you like going to the movies?)
37. YOU THINK CHILDREN SHOULD PUT-(away) THEIR TOYS? (Do you think children should put away their toys?) (Mime a couple of "putting away" movements)
38. YOU WANT STAY HOME WATCH MOVIE? (Do you want to stay home and watch a movie?)
39. YOU WALK-TO SCHOOL? (Do you walk to school?)
40. YOU LIVE WITH YOUR MOM-DAD? (Do you live with your parents?)
Check with your instructor or your syllabus regarding any graded quizzes for this lesson.