ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "season"
SEASON (time of year):
In a message dated 4/29/2006 11:59:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, gryph@ writes:Dear Dr. Vicars,
I really want to find this particular sign, the one for "season."
I don't mean season as in seasoning your food, I mean as in "periods of the year." I'm trying to do a direct word-to-sign translation of "Seasons of Love" from the musical 'Rent' and I can't find the sign for "Seasons" anywhere.
Place your right fist on your left palm. The thumb side of your fist should be against the palm.
Now move your right hand as if turning a small crank. The left hand stays stationary.
Do one complete revolution and you are done.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars