ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "seahorse"
Spell S-E-A and sign horse.
Version two: Sign sea and horse.
Version 3: Classifier X
You would use this next version of the sign for "seahorse" after you've already established that you are talking about seahorses. This version could be considered a "classifier" that shows the general size, shape, and movement of a seahorse. You could alter the movement and shape of this to tell a story about how a seahorse was moving or behaving. You could add the left hand to your signing sphere to indicate a second seahorse and show how they interact.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars