ASL University ►

American Sign Language: "newspaper"

Also see: PRINTER

The sign for newspaper is a noun/verb pair with the sign for PRINT.
If you mean the noun "newspaper" then do a double movement.
If you mean the verb "print" then do a single movement.


Signing note:  During high speed signing you may see "newspaper" done with a single movement (instead of the usual double movement). Don't worry about it. Language is sloppy. I'm not in charge, I just live here. - Dr. Bill



"Newspaper Article"

Note: Usually the sign for "NEWSPAPER" uses a double movement (as a noun/verb pair with "PRINT") but when compounded with the ARTICLE sign you can drop one of the movements of the NEWSPAPER sign and your meaning is still obvious.


You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University
ASL resources by    Dr. William Vicars

Want to help support ASL University?  It's easy DONATE (Thanks!)
(You don't need a PayPal account. Just look for the credit card logos and click continue.)

Another way to help is to buy something from the ASLU "Bookstore."

Want even more ASL resources?  Visit the "ASL Training Center!"  (Subscription Extension of ASLU)   CHECK IT OUT >

Bandwidth slow?  Check out "" (a free mirror of less traffic, fast access)   VISIT >


back.gif (1674 bytes)