ASL University ►
contrast = CONFLICT
Practice Sheet 56.A: [Is it available?]
01. THIS SEAT EMPTY? (Is this seat available?)
02. BATHROOM EMPTY? (Is the bathroom available?)
03. ROOM EMPTY? (Do you have a room available?)
04. THURSDAY, CAN I BORROW #CAR? (Is the car available Thursday?)
05. WE-two MEET WHEN? (When are you available to meet with me?)
Practice Sheet 56.B [She is available.]
06. SHE NOT DATE ANYONE. (She is available to date.)
07. SHE SINGLE. (She is available to pursue.)
08. SHE CAN JOIN. (She is available to participate.)
09. SHE HERE. (She is currently available on the premises.)
10. SHE VACATION. (She is off work and thus available.)
Practice Sheet 56.C
11. FAMOUS DEAF PERSON, NAME SOMEONE.
12. YOU WISH YOU LOOK-LIKE WHO?
13. YOU PRESENTATION large-AUDIENCE PAST?
14. HOTEL PROVIDE FREE BREAKFAST WHY?
15. YOU IPP APPLICATION REJECT QM-Wig? (Did the interpreter preparation
program reject your application?)
Practice Sheet 56.D
16. THIS CLASS REQUIRE RESEARCH PAPER? (Is a research paper required
for this class?)
17. MY ASL BOOK, QUOTE RS what-MEAN? (What do the letters RS mean in
my ASL book? Answer: "role shift")
18. YOUR HS REQUIRE CLOTHES STANDARD-[all-the-SAME]? (Did/does your
high school require uniforms?)
19. YOUR PARENTS SUPPORT YOU DURING COLLEGE?
20. STUDY ASL, YOUR METHOD WHAT? (What method do you use to study ASL?)
Additional Discussion Items:
Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf
American Society for Deaf Children
You can learn
American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars
Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is
GET IT HERE!
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT **
Also available: "ASLUniversity.com" (a mirror of Lifeprint.com
less traffic, fast access) **
VISIT NOW **
End of lesson. Please move on to the next
Curriculum revision notes and lesson archive:
In a never ending effort to improve, this website is under constant
construction. Below may be sentences, signs, or other material that is
being phased out of this lesson as well as other material that may be phased
into the lesson: