ASL University ►
Practice Sheet 51.A
01. HOW YOU SINCE-[up-to-now/have-been]? (How have you been?!)
02. WE-two DISCUSS STICKY SUBJECT, OK? (I want to discuss a sticky topic
03. IF YOU not-WANT DISCUSS INFORM-me. (If you don't walk to talk about it
let me know.)
04. IF EMBARRASSED, NOT NEED ANSWER. (If you are embarrassed you don't need
05. YOU MARRY? (Are you married?)
Practice Sheet 51.B
06. YOU SEARCH-[look-for] SOMEONE FOR MARRY?
07. YOU DATE ANYONE?
08. YOU DATE YOU TEND HOP-AROUND [or] WITH-[monogamous] SOMEONE WHICH?
09. YOU HAVE SWEETHEART YOU?
10. YOU-TWO SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP?
Practice Sheet 51.C
11. YOUR BOY/GIRL-FRIEND YOU-TWO, MOST PATIENT WHO? YOU, HIM/HER?
12. YOUR LONGEST RELATIONSHIP, HOW-LONG?
13. YOU DECIDE BREAK-up what-FOR?
14. YOU WANT WEDDING WHERE?
15. HONEYMOON YOU WANT GO WHERE?
Practice Sheet 51.D
16. FOR DATE YOU LIKE what-DO?
17. SUPPOSE BOY/GIRL REQUEST YOU DATE, YOU MULL-OVER-long BEFORE ANSWER?
18. BEFORE MARRY, YOU THINK LONG ENGAGEMENT IMPORTANT Question-wiggle?
19. SUPPOSE HUSBAND/WIFE REQUEST YOU put-ASIDE YOUR CAREER, YOU WILLING?
20. SUPPOSE YOU FIND-OUT FIANCÉ/FIANCÉE DRUG PROBLEM, YOU PROCEED MARRY?
Practice Review: 51.A
How have you been?!
I want to discuss a sticky topic okay?
If you don't walk to talk about it let me know.
If you are embarrassed you don't need to reply.
Are you married?
Practice Review: 51.B
Are you looking for someone to marry?
Are you dating anyone?
Are you playing the field or are you in a committed relationship?
Do you have a sweetheart?
Are you two serious about each other?
Practice Review: 51.C
Who is more patient? You or your boy/girlfriend?
How long was your longest relationship?
Why did you decide to break up?
Where do you want your wedding to take place?
Where do you want to go on your honeymoon?
Practice Review: 51.D
What do you like to do on dates?
If a guy/girl asks you out, do you give it a lot of thought before replying?
Do you think it is important to have a long engagement prior to getting
If your spouse asks you to put aside your career would you be willing to?
If you found out your fiancé / fiancée had a drug problem would you still
Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf
American Society for Deaf Children
You can learn
American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars
Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is
GET IT HERE!
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT **
Also available: "ASLUniversity.com" (a mirror of Lifeprint.com
less traffic, fast access) **
VISIT NOW **
End of lesson. Please move on to the next
Where are the former
"food" signs that were once on this page? See
Curriculum revision notes and lesson archive:
In a never ending effort to improve, this website is under constant
construction. Below may be sentences, signs, or other material that is
being phased out of this lesson as well as other material that may be phased
into the lesson: