Level 03 (Lessons 31 -
45) Practice Cards (in MS Word .doc format)
New Year's Day (January 1)*
Independence Day (July 4)* [Spell July and sign 4th, or sign SAVE DAY]
Veterans Day (November 11)* [Spell VET and then sign DAY]
Day (December 25)*
Martin Luther King's Birthday (Third Monday in January)* [Spell MLK]
Birthday (Third Monday in February)*
Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)*
Labor Day (First Monday in September)* [Spell "LABOR" and sign DAY, or sign
Columbus Day (Second Monday in October)* [Tap a "C" hand to your forehead
then sign DAY]
Thursday in November)*
Practice sheet 43.A
01. YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY WHAT?
02. EASTER HIDE WHAT?
03. HOLIDAY CELEBRATE J-A-N 1, WHAT?
04. THANKSGIVING YOU what-DO?
05. PUMPKIN PIE, YOU LIKE?
Practice sheet 43.B
06. THANKSGIVING YOU EAT TURKEY?
07. YOU BELIEVE SANTA CLAUS YOU?
08. HALLOWEEN, WHAT DAY?
09. MEMORIAL-DAY HOLIDAY WHAT DAY?
10. WASHINGTON BIRTHDAY WHEN?
Practice sheet 43.C
11. N-O-V 11, HOLIDAY what-NAME?
12. MLK BIRTHDAY WHEN?
13. COLUMBUS DAY WHEN?
14. NATIVE-AMERICAN HELP PILGRIM, HOW?
15. PUMPKIN, GHOST, SCARECROW, WHICH HOLIDAY HAVE?
Practice sheet 43.D
16. CHRISTMAS, GIVE-[2h-X] YOU WANT WHAT?
17. JULY 4TH HOLIDAY what-NAME?
18. CHRISTMAS HABIT-[tradition] YOU HAVE?
19. YOU THINK TONIGHT FREEZE QM-wig?
20. CHRISTMAS, YOU LIKE SNOW YOU?
ASL classifiers or "depictive verbs" are special signs that can be used to show size, shape, location,
orientation, direction, and movement path. See: "Classifiers"
VACATION: The sign “VACATION” can be used
to mean: Holiday, “OFF” (off work), break (take a break).
If you initialize the sign VACATION with an “R” or do it with just the
index and thumb, it can mean “retired.”
Notes for development:
New Year's Day January 1
Independence Day July 4
Veterans Day November 11
Christmas Day December 25
Martin Luther King's Birthday Third Monday in January
Washington's Birthday Third Monday in February
Memorial Day Last Monday in May
Labor Day First Monday in September
Columbus Day Second Monday in October
Thanksgiving Fourth Thursday in November
Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is
GET IT HERE!
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT **
Also available: "ASLUniversity.com" (a mirror of Lifeprint.com
less traffic, fast access) **
VISIT NOW **